The environment is the set of physical, chemical, and biotic factors which determine an organism's form and survival.
There are many reasons why an organization should improve its environmental performance by taking a strategic approach.
Users of the standard have reported that ISO 14001 helps:
- Comply with current and future statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Increasing leadership involvement and employee engagement.
- Through strategic communication, enhance the reputation of the company and the confidence of stakeholders.
- Integrating environmental concerns into business management will help achieve strategic business objectives.
- Improve efficiency and reduce costs to provide a competitive and financial advantage.
- Integrate suppliers into an organization's business systems in an effort to improve their environmental performance.